Saturday, August 16, 2008

IOWA STATE Fair





We get up at 6:30am Friday morning to get ready to go to my parent's home in CR to go to the fair. We get there a little after 8am and wait for my mom to finish breakfast and head out. It was my mom, sister and her two little ones and myself and my kids. We always take her van to places far away since we get to park up front in handicap parking ;).


We arrive around 10am get everything unloaded and head in. We get to see a magic show which my kid's loved and then headed off to the barn area to see animals which my 3 yr. old nephew want to see. I took extra allergy pills that day since I'm allergic to hay (which was everywhere) and wool ( they sheep barn was a killer). So we spend almost 4 hours looking at animals with my sister taking lots of pics.


My mom was tired of animals and wanted to look at crafts and hot tubs and other things. So we found the different buildings and did that. The kid's got to ride on the giant slide and on the sky glider.


We left around 6:30pm stopped and had supper and headed home. It was a good day at the fair and we didn't even get to see it all. If you ever think about going you should next year it is a good time. Just bring lots of money or else your own food.

No comments: