Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good Bye 2008

As I reflect back on this year a lot of things have happened both good and bad. Let's start with a positive note and go with the good..........
In April I was able to see Bon Jovi in concert for free with my friend Sherry. They were just as good as when I had seen them in the 80's. It was awesome!!!!
I turned 36 in April and it was a good day, we all went to an indoor waterpark for fun.
Trevor got his blue belt in Tae Kwon Do.
We went to Indianola to the hot air balloon festival which was pretty amazing to see hundreds of hot air balloons all together.
RAGBRAI came through the little town of Lisbon and downtown was crazy with bikers.
My parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary and Darryl and I celebrated our 15th.
I started running for exercise and ran in 4 5k's.
The DNC was a killer week and very moving (go Democrats!!!)
We did a remodel on our living room that we had talked about for a year.
and last but certainly not least something I'm still pumped about and can't wait until Jan. 20,2009 is I voted Obama/Biden and he WON!!!! The first black man to become President of the United States.......history making in the present.

Now for the other side bad things..........
It was a long cold winter with a lot of snow.
Gas prices continued to rise up to $3.99 a gallon.
June floods in CR and surrounding areas near the rivers.
The economy which got worse and worse as the months went on and everything for consumers got higher and higher.
Alivia fainted at the dentist after getting two teeth pulled to get her ready for braces.
I continue to have two different health problems.
Darryl developed an allergy to our laundry soap we think and had two pinch nerves.
President Bush was a terrible President. Not for this year but for the past 7 years. I'm happy to see him go bye bye.

So that is 2008 in a nut shell. I'm looking forward to 2009 and have a few goals in mind already for the New Year. I hope you all have a great 2009 and a Happy New Year's Eve tonight.
Remember to thank God for all the people in your life that have helped you make it through 2008. I know I have a list of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what? I am so glad that 2008 is over, too. I am excited to start a new year, even though the weather still sucks!
I miss ya, gimme a call! And I am so excited you got a new ipod!