Saturday, August 22, 2009

Iowa State Fair 2009









Us city folks loaded up the van and headed to Des Moines to the State Fair. The time of year when we go to look at all the animals that you country folk raise, and see the sights of things made out of butter, big vegetables, hot tubs, saunas, other stuff people want to sell me that I don't want or need. You also learn things at the fair. I learned that Linn County is the third largest place that sex offenders live behind Polk and Scott Counties. Alivia learned that if you decide to get soaking wet on a low 70 degree day where the sun is going in and out of the clouds that you will be cold. Trevor learned that at the fair you do lots of walking which make you very tired.

We were able to see a lot of things and just happened to be in the exhibit area each time it rained which was great. I was sad that people voted NO on a butter statue of M.J. so instead they did an astronaut.

The fair is filled with lots of things to do and we never do the midway and it we still end up spending the day there. It's always fun to see the biggest pigs, a big elk and the world's smallest cow plus all other kinds of animals. The kids and I had fun and as normal were very tired at the end of the day. We only had a few injuries and those were caused by senior citizens who can't drive there motorized little bikes. One lady ran over Trevor's piggy toe and didn't even apologize and another old lady ran right into the back of me. I can't remember what I said it was towards the end of the day, my throat was sore and my allergies were getting bad, but I'm sure after she saw my face she knew I was ticked off and she did apologize. I think the fair people need to have them take a motorized bike driving test before they are allowed to operate those things. And had I been able to find the lady that ran over Trevor's toe I would have let her have it....in the best Christian way possible :)

Otherwise it was good day and I'm sure we will go again next year.

No comments: