Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The new computer


It here and set up......our new computer.

This past Christmas Darryl got me an iPod nano. I wanted it so I could put tv shows and movies on it knowing I was going to go back to NYC this spring and also I liked the slimmer and lighter weight of the newer iPods. But with our old computer I was unable to download the shows I bought from iTunes on to my iPod. We also were unable to download the latest iTunes 8.0 version.
So besides that there were other things we were unable to do because of the oldness of our computer.
So with tax return money we decided to get a new computer and an electric start snowblower since I wanted to take a sledge hammer to the two in the garage that you have to pull start. But that's a different story. And after much talking with our computer man Bill here we have it.
It's a Compaq, it has Windows Vista (which we are getting use to), 2GB of memory, 250GB of hard drive space, and it came with keyboard, mouse, and a 19" diagonal widescreen LCD flat panel monitor with built in speakers.
I think we are going to have the kids use this keyboard/mouse set and we will take back the cordless set we got from my parents for Christmas that is on "their" computer now.

We are very happy and thankful for this new computer and I'm especially happy that I could download iTunes 8.0 and I now can use my iPod :)

No comments: