Saturday, April 19, 2008

Weekend Revival

Some friends and I just spent the day in Des Moines,IA at A Christian conference "Just Give Me Jesus" with Ann Graham Lotz. It was so wonderful to hear her speak and preach and teach us from the word of God. The Holy Spirit was in that arena and working in all our lives that went.
I accepted Christ into my life when I was six at a Baptist church. Then re-dedicated my life to Christ in Jr. High at bible camp. There are so many highs and lows in your Christian walk. God has you on a path and unfortunately for me I turn left or right when I'm suppose to go straight. I take my eyes off of Him and get out of the Word, don't pray as much and spend more time on me then on Him. That's when things in my life start to go bad. From the conference I'm talking home that I NEED to be in His Word EVERYDAY. Even if it is 10 mins. I need to pray then open his word and read a passage and then pull out the main points of that passage, what I think God is saying in that passage and then turn it into a question for me to answer or for me to find the answer. Secondly I need to wrap my arms around my husband when he gets home from Texas and tell him that I'm glad he's home and that I'm sorry I was mad at him before he left. And last I need to give my finances over to God and seek Him in all I do. Starting with giving back to Him what He has given to me and then praying for guidance in what to do with the rest of the money for that week.
God is SO Good and SO Faithful and I'm so glad He choose to create me and has directed my path since before time. I went for a revival today and God DID revive me and my spirit.
Now I would love to see churches in America including my own church have a revival to awaken the souls of all the Christians in there who just come on Sunday but are not growing, serving or loving God with all there Hearts, Souls and Minds!!! This is the First and greatest command. Jesus is coming again and we need to be ready we need to awaken our spirits and love Him!

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Woohooo, I am so happy to see you have set up a blog! I will definately keep up on you this way for sure. I am glad your weekend was worthwhile and you sound so much more "alive"!
That's a great feeling!